• The search for Gold STARTS here.

Compare Listings

How many Arizona mining claims can I own?

There is no limit. In order to file a small miner waiver for annual assessments, you cannot own over 10 claims.

How do I keep my claim active?

All arizona mining claims must be renewed each year in the county where the claim is located as well as with the Bureau of Land Management. There are two ways to do this:

  • Pay an annual assessment fee and record and register your claim with the County and Bureau of Land Management before September 1st of each year.
  • Document improvements made to your claim and submit a waiver to the county and Bureau of Land Management.

Annual assessment fees are the fees paid to the Department of the Interior to maintain ownership of your property. Annual Assessment fees are subject to change. In 2015 and 2016, the cost to renew a single, 20-acre lode or placer claim was $155.00. Please call us at 928-499-7228 for current pricing.

Assessment fees or annual maintenance for unpatented claims are due by September 1st of every year, with no exceptions. Claims that are not renewed by September 1st will revert back to federal ownership.

If you have questions about this process please contact us. We are here to help.

What do I get when I buy a unpatented Arizona mining claim?

An unpatented mining claim gives the claimant complete ownership of all minerals and gems located within the boundaries of the mining claim.

Placer Claim: In the United States, a placer claim grants to the discoverer of valuable minerals contained in loose material such as sand or gravel the right to mine on public land.

Lode Claim: Deposits subject to lode claims include classic veins or lodes having well-defined boundaries. They also include other rock in-place bearing valuable minerals and may be broad zones of mineralized rock. Examples include quartz or other veins bearing gold or other metallic minerals and large volume, but low-grade disseminated metallic deposits.

All unpatented mineral claim rights are subject to annual renewal. You must renew your Gold claim annually, if you don’t those rights will revert back to the US Federal Government.

Ownership of a mining claim, either placer or lode does not, by default, convey or imply ownership or interest in any BUILDINGS, MACHINERY or other EQUIPMENT that is found within the boundaries of the claim. In the case of many mining claims, it is possible to take control of the buildings, machinery or other items by filing a Notice of Operation and utilizing the  items in conjunction with or to promote your mineral extraction operation.

Again if you have any questions about the above please contact us.

Who can own a unpatented mining claim?

Mining Claims are limited in ownership by US Citizenship. Any US Citizen can own a mining company. Additionally, any US based company can take ownership of mining claims. In the case of international companies, those companies must be approved to do business in the Unites States.

How do I pay?

Mine Data LLC can accept credit/debit cards, Paypal, personal checks, wire transfers, money orders or certified checks for payment. The payment must be received prior to the buyer receiving title to the unpatented mining claim.

Can I test the claim before I buy it?

Yes, but only with our written permission.